Happy Tuesday! I am so happy to finally put up a lifestyle post. (Start looking forward to them every Tuesday!) I recently started school and that means I will be spending more time at my desk. This is why I decided to clean it up and show you how I stay productive. These are a few tips that work for me and I hope they work for you too!
How to be Productive + Organized
1. Keep an Agenda- Having an agenda has seriously helped me so much because it helps you plan days, weeks, and months. Ban.do is my personal favorite because it's really functional and cute!
2. Color Coding- Color coding everything in your agenda will help you know exactly what you have to get done and it's also a fun way to keep things colorful. I color code my tasks and stick to that color so I know exactly what I have to work on in order of priority.
3. Make to-do lists- You can make these separately or if you're like me and have your agenda by your side 24/7 you can make them there. Every night I make a to-do list for the next day and it helps me tackle all my tasks without procrastinating. This will help you feel super productive!
4. Make goals for yourself- It doesn't matter how big or small they are, but you'll have something to work towards.
5. Have a clean space- If you have a clean space you'll actually be motivated to work there because if your space is cluttered and messy you'll most likely not want to be there.
6. Most of your visuals should be functional- This is so big because you don't want to have your space taken up by cute things that you can't really use. I mean one or two things is fine, but you want to have enough space to work. For example, I doubled this notebook as a mouse pad. See? Cute and functional! lol
7. Have cute stationary- It never hurts to add some character to your work because who wants to use plain sticky notes or clear tape? Yeah, not me! Not to mention, they double as decorations for your desk!
8. Inspiration- Surround yourself with things that inspire you. It can be anything from a motivational board to your desktop background. I love having cute desktop backgrounds that double as inspiration because they motivate me. I downloaded this one from Ban.do for free and it's my favorite! It reminds me to stay true to myself and not get caught up with what everyone else is doing.
If you have any other tips please share!
I ordered my desk off of Pottery Barn (similar here) and my chair is from Amazon. The faux fur throw is from HomeGoods and so is the fluffy pillow on my couch. If you're ever looking for cheap home decor items go to HomeGoods. They have the cutest things for really good prices and super similar things to Z Gallerie for way cheaper! My book ends, Pineapple lamp, and mirrored side table are also from there. My Hedgehog is from the Joy collection at Target and my gold scissors are from Target too. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me! I hope you enjoyed this post! (: